FREE Shipping in US
May 18, 2017
For all you morning gym-goers this healthy protein bread is a great portable breakfast that will help with muscle repair and growth.
Pile the flour, ground almonds and all the seeds into a large bowl with a pinch of sea salt and make a well in the middle. Pick, finely chop and add the rosemary leaves. Crack in the eggs, add the Marmite (if using simply leave it out for a gluten-free friendly loaf) and beat together, then pour in the yeast mixture. Whisking as you go, gradually bring in the flour from the outside until combined it'll be more like a batter than a dough. Pour into the prepared tin and smooth out nice and evenly on top.
Now you've got two choices a bake it straight away and it 'll puff up a bit more and taste fantastic, or cover and place it in the fridge overnight and allow some slightly more complex sour flavours to develop. Both are brilliant, just different. To bake, place in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes, or until golden, cooked through and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for at least 20 minutes before eating, then serve.
This bread is good fresh for a couple of days, and delicious toasted for a few days after that. You could even use any leftovers to make croutons.
TOPPING IDEAS GALORE
These suggestions are all about giving you loads of colourful inspiration for tasty topping combos thatâ€™ll fill you with goodness â€“ choose your favourites and tuck in:
1. Chopped hard-boiled free-range egg, yoghurt, paprika & cress
2. Ripe beef tomatoes, Swiss cheese & black pepper
3. Skinny cream cheese, ripe cherry tomatoes & fresh basil
4. Cottage cheese, soft-boiled free-range egg, paprika & spring onions
5. Wilted spinach & cottage cheese
6. Squashed beetroot, natural yoghurt & balsamic
7. Grated cucumber & cottage cheese with quality smoked salmon
8. Skinny cream cheese, cherries & cinnamon
9. Skinny cream cheese, cucumber & hot chilli sauce
10. Skinny cream cheese, lemony grilled asparagus, fresh mint & chilli
11. Natural yoghurt, banana & cinnamon
12. Fried free-range egg, natural yoghurt, ripe cherry tomatoes & curry powder
13. Avocado, cottage cheese & Tabasco chipotle sauce
14. Houmous, pomegranate seeds & rocket
15. Marmite, ripe avocado & natural yoghurt
This bread is good fresh for a couple of days, and delicious toasted for a few days after that. You could even us any leftovers to make croutons.
February 13, 2019
February 13, 2019