FREE Shipping in US
October 23, 2019Sore throats can be a real pain-in-the-neck. Besides being the sign of a cold coming on, they are just downright uncomfortable. Many times, people just tough them out, being miserable all-day long.
A sore throat doesn't have to ruin your day any more. Try the 10 home remedies below to lessen your sore throat the next time one threatens to ruin your day.
1. Gargle with salt water. WebMD recommends mixing 1 teaspoon of salt with 8 ounces of warm water and gargling.
2. Vaporize. Adding moisture to the air helps soothe swollen air passages. WebMD recommends using either a vaporizer or humidifier to add moisture into the air.
3. Lozenges. According to the Mayo Clinic, sucking on throat lozenges or hard candy may afford some relief.
5. Rest. Generally, a sore throat is a sign of something else going on. Rest is usually the best medicine for any illness. The Mayo Clinic recommends resting both your body and your throat.
6. Honey. According to MedicineNet, honey has antibacterial properties that are good for fighting a sore throat. You can take it straight, put some in hot water or tea, or mix it with some lemon.
7. Sage/echinacea throat spray. MedicineNet states that sage/echinacea throat sprays seem to numb the throat and the echinacea helps boost the immune system, helping you fight anything else that might be going on.
8. Apple cider vinegar. Very acidic, apple cider vinegar kills bacteria and helps soothe a sore throat. MedicineNet recommends gargling a mixture of 1 teaspoon vinegar and 8 ounces of water.
9. Throat Coat tea. Throat Coat contains licorice root and appears to help "reduce sore throat pain for 30 minutes after drinking it," according to MedicineNet.
10. Raw garlic. As long as you don't mind smelling like garlic, it's good for more than keeping vampires away. Raw garlic has antiseptic properties. To get the most out of it, MedicineNet recommends chewing on a clove or sucking on a slice for 15 minutes. If that's too potent, you can mince a clove and add it to a drink or make some fresh salsa to eat.
If a sore throat persists too long, be sure to seek medical advice. Otherwise, a sore throat doesn't have to knock you down and take you out. One of these home remedies may be able to give you the upper hand.
Please SHARE this information with your friends and family on Facebook!
Comments will be approved before showing up.